2.23.2010

God Is For Thumbsuckers

There may be nothing in the world more infantile than believing that one’s existence is the result of the workings of a paternalistic supernatural deity who watches over us all. If the prevalence of belief in god and religiosity in a country is any indication of its population’s maturation level, then the United States is a fetus.

Recently an incredibly disturbing poll was published indicating that 79% of Americans believe in miracles, 68% believe in the existence of angels and demons, and only 40% accept Darwinian evolution.

I am speechless. I am without speech. Thankfully, George Carlin is not (even though he’s dead).



- Max

3 comments:

  1. Ashley2/26/2010

    That poll has got to be wrong! Who conducted it and who was polled?! I just can't believe that only 40% accept Darwinism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i suck my thumb AND believe in evolution:take that fckn pollster, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only 40%? I believe it- because it is primarily a social issue in the USA NOT a scientific one. I am so ashamed some times.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails