11.29.2010

Bills Player Drops Ball, Blames God

The sports media is all over Buffalo Bills wideout Steve Johnson for dropping a potential game winning overtime pass yesterday against the formidable Pittsburgh Steelers, and then blaming god on his Twitter account. I watched the play unfold live and and screeched in horror at the gaffe because I don’t like the Steelers. The Bills went on to lose, but I have to say that Johnson’s postgame tweet almost makes up for it:

“I praise you 24/7!!! And this how you do me!!! You expect me to learn from this???How??? I'll never forget this!! Ever!! Thx Tho.”

How many times have we heard a football player praise god or Jesus for having a great game or making a game-winning score? A gazillion. How many times have we a heard a football player or any professional athlete blame the deity? Well, Johnson makes one. This is truly historic, like moon-landing historic. Like first artificial heart transplant historic. We need more Steve Johnsons not just in the NFL, but in everyday life. If more people start to think that their beloved god is working against them despite all their praying, then it’s only natural that there would be a turning away from the great dictator in the sky.

My only regret is that George Carlin did not live to see this day.



- Max

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails